Adma

Super Ball

Adma    1

Super Ball requires 20 trophies to acquire?! That seems like a typo. I've acquired all the other powerups and I'm nowhere close to 20 trophies. Wasnt this one of the first powerups you acquire in SSG2?

Ilyas    0

Pretty sure it was 20 achievements for the super ball in SSG2 as well iirc. Only there were a lot more achievements right off the bat in SSG2 compared to 3.

Arlin    11

I had the same thought initially with testing as well. But upon revisiting SSG2, a lot of powerups took some time to unlock as well. The game was just out for so long that I think it's hard to remember the unlock period.

Don't worry I'm sure you'll have everything unlocked in a matter of days!

Adma    1
4 hours ago, Ilyas said:

Pretty sure it was 20 achievements for the super ball in SSG2 as well iirc. Only there were a lot more achievements right off the bat in SSG2 compared to 3.

Yeah, I think you're right. Now i remember there being a lot more hole-specific trophies in SSG2.

Jan    1

I'm on 19 trophies at the moment. It's a pity the Race Mode points trophies do not unlock yet, that would get me to 20 no problem. :)

Adma    1

Nice. I'm only at 15 myself, but I'm close to the 3000 stroke trophy. Then I guess I'll just have to play a ton of multiplayer. The only other trophies I don't have are for unlocking all the characters and hats, which I doubt I can do anytime soon.

Nexam    1

Hey

I don't unlocked the Super Ball and the Free Ball.

I have a question.

This two Powers needs Power Ups with Cards, or this two is fix, just like Laser and Sticky Ball?

Nexam    1

I know my English is sux.... :D

So I know how I earn this power ups.

I have a question about these two power ups (Free, Super) needs leveling up (lvl5 is a max), or this is a "Fix" Powers/Skills and I don't need power up these balls with Cards? 

Laser and Sticky etc. is "fix", but for Nitro Zig-Zag, Magnet etc. I need Cards for leveling up this skills for Level 5.

Edited by Nexam

Jan    1

You can level up the Super Ball. The Free Ball you cannot.

If I remember correctly you unlock the Free Ball after doing a clean round on 16 different courses. I might be wrong though.

Edited by Jan

Cohezion    2

One thing I miss is all the achievements for special shots you used to get in SSG2. Those were a super fun way of getting bux, and also made getting Super Ball much easier. I just got Super Ball today after playing a bunch of multiplayer with my friends, but I'd love to see a return of those specialized achievements in a later update.

• Like 1

slappypappy    0
On July 16, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Cohezion said:

One thing I miss is all the achievements for special shots you used to get in SSG2. Those were a super fun way of getting bux, and also made getting Super Ball much easier. I just got Super Ball today after playing a bunch of multiplayer with my friends, but I'd love to see a return of those specialized achievements in a later update.

THIS. I was chatting with a coworker over lunch and we both lamented the lack of achievements/trophies. Once you get through all most of the clean balls, collect all the bux, find all the ghost flags, there isn't much left to chase on the single player side. Maybe this will all change when the course maker comes out and everyone spends time there.

Nexam    1

This 20 Achievements Unlock is too much for the Super Ball...

Magnet Balls Lvl 4 for me.

Zig-Zag Balls Lvl 4 for me.

And the other Powers is maxed, Lvl 5....

And I have this Super Ball... Only Lvl 1.....

I never maxed this Power Up, because it's so long time earn it and I don't know earning lot of packs again just like when starting the game (Under Par Packs and Bux)...

I have all hats, all trails, all golfers, almost full levels Power Ups....

And level 1 Super Ball....:/

Edited by Nexam

OxfordRob    3

I too am sad about the super ball. There is not enough trophy ops in there. Why is there not a win 50 turn based one maybe? I rarely do the race mode as time to dedicate to just one race where as turn based you can do a shot then come back later. Please allow more than two turn based players in a game and have points for 1st, 2nd, 3rd nothing for 4th, 5th etc and share the bux proportionately?

Cohezion    2
17 hours ago, slappypappy said:

THIS. I was chatting with a coworker over lunch and we both lamented the lack of achievements/trophies. Once you get through all most of the clean balls, collect all the bux, find all the ghost flags, there isn't much left to chase on the single player side. Maybe this will all change when the course maker comes out and everyone spends time there.

This is my crowning achievement :)

image.png

image.pngEDIT: Screenshots were taken on different days, hence the differing amount of golf bux / character. 

Edited by Cohezion

Kuster    1

Wow... clean ball with a gold star. Nice. My clean ball came with a silver star x) 

Still on the subject of "not many awards available", I'd assume we're getting more of them at some point. Even because all the awards grant low Google play XP compared to other games.

Marcos77    0

and so, could someone explain to a SSG newbie like me what is super ball ? what is it supposed to do ?

for sure, 20 trophies for that one seems too much...we can unlock 27 trophies right now, of which : "COOL IT DOWN" needs super ball, unlocking every hat and character seems quite impossible to achieve. So, in order to unlock that super ball, you can't miss more than 4 of the 24 remaining trophies...:/

Hope the super ball is great :D

OxfordRob    3

It is great but Superman now only has one left ;) Joking aside it is alright but a bit hard to get right it allows you to whack the ball at a far greater rate so it zooms off and has quite a pace on it.

Edited by OxfordRob

Marcos77    0

Finally unlocked that super ball ! :D

It wasn't that hard after all. I just didn't expect getting the Trophies for Race Mode Wins and Points so fast (got the 1 and 5 wins trophies, as well as 10/50/100 points in about 15 games).

But, on the other side, the Super Ball in itself is a bit disappointing I would say... Maybe I expected something more ^^

it is "only" a "double power" or "long range" ball so to say... could have been called the "Power Ball" better than "Super Ball" but, well, I guess I still have to find good spots to put it to good use... 9_9

Anyway, the game is still GREAT ! ;)

Cohezion    2
4 minutes ago, Marcos77 said:

Finally unlocked that super ball ! :D

It wasn't that hard after all. I just didn't expect getting the Trophies for Race Mode Wins and Points so fast (got the 1 and 5 wins trophies, as well as 10/50/100 points in about 15 games).

But, on the other side, the Super Ball in itself is a bit disappointing I would say... Maybe I expected something more ^^

it is "only" a "double power" or "long range" ball so to say... could have been called the "Power Ball" better than "Super Ball" but, well, I guess I still have to find good spots to put it to good use... 9_9

Anyway, the game is still GREAT ! ;)

To be honest, I agree. While going for high scores on all the courses, I used the Super Ball exactly once :/