SuperStickman

Daily Race Mode: Difficulty

Crikey, I'm no slouch at this game but some of these (since the update) are near on impossible! For your average player they must just seem insane 'throw your phone' moments. e.g. Hazardberry Hills: Hole 9 = You're kidding yourselves...

Edited by SuperStickman
I said the d.a.m.n word!

Scontig    0

Yeah, I got today's but otherwise they've become practically impossible. It feels like the fastest is the current world record which you've got to try and beat. 

Scontig    0
53 minutes ago, Arlin said:

Daily Race is a tad aggressive at the moment. We're definitely keep an eye on the difficulty.

That'd be appreciated! We all love a good challenge, so obviously it has to be pretty difficult, but some of the holes make me not even bother because I feel like I'd need to practice for at least an hour before I could get close to winning. 

Jan    1

They are definitely harder, but all the other players always hit the same shots. Play the challenge twice and watch the fastest shot then try it in practice mode, come back and beat it😎

OxfordRob    3

I understand needing some level of difficulty but it has got quite insane. It has gone from doable to nuts with no happy medium. I am a reasonable player but find a lot of the daily race is now just fluke. It comes to something when it takes well over 20 goes get that 1st place on a hole.

Jed    6

Hey everyone! We've tweaked the daily race difficulty so that it should be a bit more reasonable now. Getting 1st is still a challenge - as it's intended to be - but much more attainable now. Be sure to strategize using powerups + hats to get the best results.

Check it out and let us know how you fare, thanks, your feedback is invaluable! Happy golfing all!

Nexam    1

I have a few problem with win the Daily Race, but not impossible.

Hard, but the prize is balancing this.

----------------------------------------------------

I have all hats, all golfers, all trails...

I missed a few power ups....

Zigzag, Magnet lvl 4, Super Ball lvl 2

This is not possible the daily race pack give me the missing power ups?

Edited by Nexam

OxfordRob    3

You seriously have got ALL hats and Golfers? I can understand having gold on all courses and all ghost flags and clean balls but seriously ALL hats and Golfers that is a lot of card packs you must have gone through getting that. I really don't see how if that is the case you don't have all the power ups? Did you pay to unlock the downloadable courses and remove adverts as you need to do those courses too.

Ilyas    0
On 28/07/2016 at 5:59 PM, Jed said:

Hey everyone! We've tweaked the daily race difficulty so that it should be a bit more reasonable now. Getting 1st is still a challenge - as it's intended to be - but much more attainable now. Be sure to strategize using powerups + hats to get the best results.

Check it out and let us know how you fare, thanks, your feedback is invaluable! Happy golfing all!

It was more reasonable for a few days but today's hole 4 is impossible again.

I literally haven't got to the 5th hole on daily race in at least 2 weeks now. Missing out on some new cards because of this :(

Jed    6
21 hours ago, jasonpbyu said:

Is daily race broken? I have taken first three days in a row and it has kept me on the $2 bux reward

Thanks @jasonpbyu, which device and OS version are you encountering this issue on?

OxfordRob    3

The last three or so daily challenges have got exceedingly ridiculously hard to get now. Is it that my experience level is now 31? Today along took over 30 goes to get. The other players in it just move so dam quickly even with the faster moving arrow hat I am struggling. I can understand you want to gradually make it harder but this is verging on silly. Annoying when the daily challenge route is the only way to guarantee that we can get a new card. The card pack system is such a bux zapping lottery. I can understand it gets more real bux for the developers but it is a bit harsh. Moan over.

Arlin    11
8 hours ago, OxfordRob said:

The last three or so daily challenges have got exceedingly ridiculously hard to get now. Is it that my experience level is now 31? Today along took over 30 goes to get. The other players in it just move so dam quickly even with the faster moving arrow hat I am struggling. I can understand you want to gradually make it harder but this is verging on silly. Annoying when the daily challenge route is the only way to guarantee that we can get a new card. The card pack system is such a bux zapping lottery. I can understand it gets more real bux for the developers but it is a bit harsh. Moan over.

Hey @OxfordRob; the daily challenges use an algorithm to pick which replays you play against. We're always trying to improve it and make it so that these sort of impossible challenges don't happen. Thanks for the feedback, we'll continue tweaking on our end!

• Like 1

Arlin    11
On 9/13/2016 at 3:02 AM, OxfordRob said:

Todays challenge by contrast now was way easy and got on first attempt. All good I guess. Any news yet on a level editor or more courses?

We're still planning to release new downloadable courses every few weeks.

No news re: level editor.

jasonpbyu    0

Update.... finally got it. have to try and land middle of the sticky on the roof, then have your laser ready to aim directly into the hole and then fire... very little time for this so takes lots of tries, but man there is zero room for error on this one.

Good grief today is ridiculously hard! usually within 5 tries i understand what i have to do and how to time it, but it seems today's is a crap shoot. Anyone have any tips besides chip up to the sticky then laser down? the fact that one of them hits it at the exact right moment and "swooshes" from the top leaves no room for error. any tips to avoid waiting for the moving bars? something i'm not thinking of?

Edited by jasonpbyu
update

OxfordRob    3

OK this old chestnut is back again but now I have added moan. First of all SERIOUSLY! the daily challenges have now become virtually impossible. You need the reflexes of a Formula One driver to get anywhere close now. Yesterday I was on the challenge for Laser Shield land hole 9 for the 10 bux win and after 80 attempts I had to just give up. The AI players were just too fast! 

Today I was seriously downbeat as since I failed on that previous challenge it puts you right back to the start of the daily challenges with a 2 bux challenge. Despite that one also being excessively hard I was actually able to complete that one but why reset the challenge back to the start? It says "Finish 1st in the DAILY RACE to win a prize!" Nowhere does it say it has to be consecutive days :(

No other games (Rovio, Disney) etc have such a hard reset on a challenge that you go back to the start it just keeps you where you are and then the next day have another go.

But back to the main moan what is it with the difficulty now? Is it that I have just played so many turn based games it takes the XP value and goes crazy on you? My XP is level 35 God help me if I play any more as there is no way I will ever be getting more daily challenges. 

The reason this is so important is that I can not get all the characters, hats etc by buying card packs as it keeps giving ones already owned. At least with the daily challenge you are guaranteed a new card.

Please developer guys have another look at it.

• Like 1

jasonpbyu    0

I second the post by OxfordRob ... lately they rely on sheer luck, there is ZERO room for error. I understand they shouldnt be a cake walk... but if the AI players are getting a hole in one immediately, it gets frustrating. When you have a split second to get the angle and speed and then cross your fingers and repeat 20 times... you just decide oh well maybe tomorrow.

China>Rider    5

I tend to disagree with the others saying the daily challenge is too hard.  I consider myself well above average with regards to race mode but by no means am I the best, plenty of people beat me on a regular basis.  With that said, I only really enjoy the daily challenges when they're difficult and there's little room for error.  I was bored with them until recently...

Here's my vote for not reducing the difficulty level.  I'm on iOS, perhaps it's worse on Android?

jasonpbyu    0

China... what level are you? Just curious so we know how rough the challenges are getting as the difficulty increases by level (right?) . Perhaps a setting of "normal" "hard" and "expert" for the challenge would be good, and higher rewards based on which you do.... bonus if you complete all 3 settings?